45% Of Americans will make New Year’s Resolutions, 38% of those resolutions will be fitness or health related, and only 8% of all resolutions will be actually completed by the end of the year. This year, be included in that 8%! If you’ve got a weight loss goal, fitness goal, or exercise goal, Playland Skate Center wants to help you make it happen!
Roller skating has many health benefits. It’s not only fun but burns a lot of calories in a short amount of time, and it’s significantly cheaper than that gym membership you’re thinking about buying! Here’s some more facts about skating and how you can skate your way to fitness:
- One hour of roller skating can burn 600 calories
- Skating causes 50% less impact on your joints than running or jogging
- The American Heart Association recommends skating as aerobic exercise to strengthen the heart
- Roller skating improves leg strength and muscle tone.
- Skating works your calf, shin, thigh hamstring, abdominal, and lower-back muscles
- If someone skates one day, bicycles another, and swims or run on the third, they will take advantage of all the fitness benefits that aerobics can offer
- Skating improves strength and flexibility
- Skating is ranked third as an activity for all-around fitness benefits
Do you really need one more reason to come join us at Playland Skate Center? Ok, how about all the fun you’ll have here meeting new friends, spending time with your old friends, and getting to learn a new sport and form of exercise? We look forward to seeing you here and wish you all the best for your 2014!