Everyone needs a break sometimes. According to WebMD, People who take vacations have lower stress, less risk of heart disease, a better outlook on life and more motivation to achieve goals. You may not be able to take multiple vacations a year and at Playland Skate Center, we understand, so let us be your mini get-away. Here are five reasons you don’t want to miss Adult Skate Night this week:
- You deserve a break. – You work hard, we know, but even Superman/Superwoman needs a break sometime. Adult Skate Night will have you rejuvenated and ready to tackle the rest of the week with a smile.
- Skating is good for you. – When was the last time you exercised with friends? Better yet, when was the last time you exercised with friends and had fun?! Roller skating is recognized as a top-rated aerobic activity by the American Heart Association and the Principal’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
- Fun isn’t just for kids. – Breaks are where memories are made because the fun isn’t just for the kids. Spending time with friends allows your relationships to be enriched and Adult Skate Night gives you and your friends a chance to spend time together, talk with one another, learn new skills and discover new interests.
- Breaks relieve stress. – You can’t continue to be awesome when you’re stressed. Sometimes your brain needs a break. A break from deadlines, changing diapers and being the hero allows your brain to rest while lowering anxiety and stress. This also boosts your mental and physical health.
- Unplug from work. – In 2016, every one is attached to an electronic device, but if you’re always checking your email after work hours, you could be hindering your personal relationships. Ever seen someone on their cell phone while roller skating? We hope not because it would be dangerous. Adult Skate Night allows you to unplug from work and plug back into your personal life.